Thursday, October 20, 2011

Risks with fertility drugs?

Bonnie wanted to comment because it has been a major topic in news lately.

Bonnie -
many of you who know me can attest to the fact that I have never liked fertility drugs. However, it is not my place to insist that my clients shun them. If you have ever worked with couples who cannot conceive, it is heartbreaking. I always insist that couples exhaust every other option before they resort to taking fertility drugs. I have had many cases where dietary and lifestyle changes is all that is needed. In cases where diet and lifestyle is not enough, I still work with clients to make sure they are nutritionally optimal to handle the effects of the drugs.

Will I be surprised if in the next decade we see an large uptick in female cancers from fertility drugs? Unfortunately, not. Can I blame these individuals for taking them? Unfortunately, not. What I can blame is the appalling environmental, diet, and lifestyle habits that has driven so many to resort to these drugs.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

unfortunately, imo, women are trying to get pregnant too late in their life. they spend their fertile years on birth control while eating like crap and leading a very stressful lifestyle.